Monday, August 17, 2009

Field of dreams

Baseball.... This word, for many people, is religious. Now the interesting question is, which team does God cheer for ? For me the answer is the team that Jesus played on, because, as you know, a good father always supports his child's team. If you want my advice, don't ask the true fan this question... or say ''Yes'' to all he says. Your life may depend on this.

Out of curiosity, I went to see a baseball game. Prima facie, this game is scary, very scary. Let me explain why. As in " West Side Story", where "the Jets" and "the Sharks" are in confrontation with each other, two gangs are on the same field. One guy on a mound, looking at another guy (his enemy) with dark eyes... Holding a projectile in his hand behind his back. The second guy has only a piece of wood (sometimes the more modern gang uses a piece of aluminum), to hit back the projectile... If he is successful in hitting the projectile, the rest of the gang try to catch the projectile and throw it back at him...

More seriously, many people have said to me, " you'll see, Baseball is boring..." Perhaps it's true, but I love it...

For me it's like a volcano, you know something is going to happen, but you never know when... Before each throw, an intense calm reigns on the field, the electricity is all around us. And when the batter hits the ball, the little sound on the bat resonates like thunder in the fan's heart.

I love this game and for the photographer, it's the perfect game.