Monday, August 3, 2009

Back to the future II

Excited by my previous journey back in time, I decided to use my DeLorean-Hyundai to take me at 77 mph to revisit the past ( actually, 35/45 mph because the cops have the perfect piece of paper for bringing you back to the present day).

I was looking forward to seeing Charles Ingals from "The Little House on the Prairie" again , to relive the peace and quiet of a bygone era. But, but but........... Perhaps, my car went too fast, and I found my self in the middle of  "Gone With the Wind"... The Confederates and the Union troops engaged in a battle for a little church... Much noise and confusion, many dead on each side, but the power of beer and the friendly mood resuscitated everybody for the next reenactment.

My second visit to the Bethpage Restoration was even better than the first. Many different characters, more new-old professions on show. I even saw a photographer taking pictures with an fully working early camera.

It was a good journey, and like the last time, I suggest you go with your children.

For my next journey to the past, I will try to meet " The Little Big Man", at least I hope...