Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Gang of New York

The first thing you must know, New York is the most dangerous city in the world.

Firstly your money is at risk ; all the stuff behind the shop windows calls to you and tells you, "Buy me, buy me...." After one day in this city you can hear your bank manager screaming and crying in his office.

Secondly, the military power in this city must be enormous, because each time the aliens attack earth it's always New York first. I don't know why, perhaps they're afraid of Time Square's electricity bills.

Food here is very important, the proof is the nick-name, "The Big Apple." People are like worms courageously eating their way into the apple. You can tour around the world within restaurants in two streets. You can have unusual and surprising encounters on your plate. One day, I found myself face to face with a jelly-fish in a Chinese restaurant. At this point I didn't know who would eat whom ?

Many street vendors sell hot dogs, bagels and squirrel kebabs... I am not sure of this last point, but with the abundance of squirrels in this city, I think it would be a solution to control the population and it would be more economical.

If you haven't a subway map, you can use a substitution product : a map with the locations of Mac Donalds and Starbucks coffee. It's very funny, but at each public transportation stop you sometimes have one, sometimes the other, but often both.

The most predominant color in NYC is yellow, mainly the cabs. You can have a ride, and for the same price, you get both travel and adventure. I guess the taxi drivers learn to drive with the same instructor as "Mad Max". But if you survive the journey, I think you will appreciate your life even more.

I don't enjoy big cities, I feel oppressed, but I love New York. Living here is great. The heart of this city moves with the population. During summer Central Park is the hot spot. When Christmas arrives, the fairy-like atmosphere reigns in the stores, restaurants and streets. Ice rinks appear in different parts of the city. When you hear people talking in the street, the mix of languages creates a new Esperanto. The museums and the arts are the blood of this city. You always come across new places, and meet new people. You always have something new to do.

I am very happy living here.