Wednesday, May 26, 2010

My best friend's wedding

Question ? : when an australian marries a brasilian, where is the ceremony held ? The first who says "in the ocean" can go in with the sharks.... The correct answer is : North Carolina, Duke to be precise... Ok it's random...

For the second time, I went to this state. If you read my blog regularly, you can imagine how happy I was.... no comment...

Traveling by plane was impossible... I have too much equipment, and no stock options in American Airlines... I decided to choose "Charles Car Lines" for this journey (the pilot is nice and the cabin staff charming...) After a short drive ( 9 hours there-12 hours back), I met the future couple, and they were as happy to see me as I was to have stopped driving...

My objective for this trip was not to stop the wedding, but to photograph it. The bride doesn't look like Julia Roberts.... She looks better. I am not saying Julia Roberts could act in a horror movie without make up, ( I haven't seen her in the morning, but I am sure she looks great), no I am just saying that the bride looked better.

For a groom, imagine a tibetan monk with his zen aura of inner peace... or not ! Yes I think it's more ''or not''. To say he was nervous would be an understatement. To understand, you must know this, he asked me, when we were waiting for the bride, "Charles talk to me, it helps me to stay calm". Meaning, " your English and your accent are horrible, and I need to concentrate to understand you...'', ''I waze aapie to bi ov elpe''... He owes me big time, that was a moment...

Like all love stories, she said yes and he said.... yes too, but I am not sure because she said her vows in Serbian ( the Australian groom is originally from Serbia) and he said his vows in Portugese, so nobody understood anything... The vows could have been a shopping list, nobody would have known. All the guests and I assumed they said yes, and it's better like that.

Just to finish, I want say thank you to you both for inviting me and trusting me to be your photographer. I wish you a long life filled with happiness.