Thursday, November 12, 2009

Legends of the fall

'' I took a picture of a wild beer...'' At this point my friends thought '' Ok, Charles has lost his mind, this guy is over the edge''...

Let's go back a few weeks. I was in California, (I will tell you about this journey in a another post,) but today I want to tell you about one part of my trip - Yosemite... If you are in California, it would be sad to miss this park with these sequoias, rivers, mountains, plains, blue jays, deer, and wild beer...

I took many pictures, but I am most proud of the one of the famous wild beer. Don't imagine a big bottle of Corona, Budweiser, or Heineken. Try to imagine me telling this, with my fabulous French accent,  '' a wild beer...'', but if you say it with an American accent it becomes, '' a wild bear !''

I was very exited to tell my  friends about this encounter, and you cannot imagine my confusion, when I saw the disbelief in their eyes. Nobody understood me ! At this time, I thought my friends wanted to buy me a shirt, with very long sleeves to attach around my back. The apogee of this moment, was when I impersonated the bear to clarify my explanation. The worst thing was, my mime was a cross between a mummy and a bear...

Now, when I greet one of my friends, when  he raises his hand to say ''Hi'', I don't know if he is saying ''Hi'' or mocking my famous impersonation of the bear...

I also met a deer and reindeer, but I did not do a mime for them. Just... nothing. I don't know how to mime the difference between these two animals.

Seriously, you must visit this park, and if you can visit during the fall, don't hesitate,
it's wonderful.

As one my friends said to me, if you go to Yosemite you can take a '' Windows Vista picture" ( I lost his phone number and his address after that comment)....