Monday, July 20, 2009

Night at the museum

Who has ever had this dream : to stay alone one night in a supermarket or a museum ? The Metropolitan Museum would be the perfect place.

The crowds are very polite and respectful everywhere except in the main entrance hall. There it's more like a circus. The only person I came across who wasn't polite was one guard. For me, he had in his DNA, a trace of German shepherd... So forget this guy, and enjoy the visit.
I visited the Egyptian galleries. They're totally incredible. The museum has organized this section with a great respect for history and civilization. I am a real lover of history, and walking in the middle of these treasures gives me the impression I am Champollion, Aylward Manley Blackman or, more exciting, Indiana Jones.

All the objects are an invitation to travel. For the person without enough time or money , or for the person who is afraid of the vaccine's needle, it 's a good way to be closer to this magical and historical epoch.

With the glass, the lights, the people, it 's not very easy to take a picture, but I tried and this is my journey in the museum...

The famous egyptian duck, for me it was new.....

Lion statue

head of pharaoh

Goblet